Sunday, June 15, 2008

Fun Activities


Despite all the busyness of the past day and a half, I have managed to do some fun things. Last night, a few of us went out to a pub near Piccadilly Circus. I had a half-size alcoholic cider, which actually tasted pretty good. It was the first drink I actually managed to finish! (It was only my third drink ever, in case there's anyone who's reading this blog who doesn't already know that I haven't drunk much alcohol before.) It was fun to experience a genuine British pub!

Today, after the big orientation, my roommate Kellie and I went to Regent's Park. It's beautiful and very peaceful, even though it's filled with people. At first, I thought it was just peaceful because everyone's there to have a good time. But places like malls, amusement parks, and state fairs are also filled with people who are generally trying to have a good time. I didn't come to any conclusions, but I also haven't really thought about it very much. Maybe it's just because everyone's there to having a RELAXING good time and not just any type of good time. Or maybe it's just because there are beautiful gardens, ducks, swans, trees, and a lake around.

Tomorrow I'm planning to explore the city some more and probably buy a few more necessities that I haven't found yet. I don't start work until Tuesday morning, so the only thing I have to be sure to do tomorrow is practicing riding the Tube (the Underground, subway) to work.

No comments: