Monday, June 23, 2008

Hope on the Horizon

My meeting with Stefan last night went really well! Brooke and I felt that he really listened and was willing to help. He is currently trying to help both of us get new internship placements. I am in the process of applying for an internship with Anthem Press. They are an academic book publishing house that puts out books on literature, history, politics, travel, etc. In short, it sounds absolutely perfect! I really wanted a book publishing internship this summer so that I could figure out if I'd rather pursue book publishing or magazine publishing (I'd had an online magazine internship last spring). Obviously, the topics are right up my alley.

I'm supposed to take an hour-long "test" before they decide if they're interested in hiring me. They will email me a short project which will show whether I have the ability to gather and communicate information accurately, concisely, and clearly. Hopefully I will do a really good job on this!

This press wasn't one of the options during my initial internship search last spring. They just recently emailed Stefan and asked if there would be any publishing interns who would be interested in working there. Stefan originally told them that the program had already started and that all the interns had already been placed. But at the meeting yesterday, he thought maybe I'd be interested in trying to work there. I don't want to presume to know the mind of God, but it seems like it could be a "God thing."

No comments: